Fatique is a daily battle for most breast and ovarian cancer patients. Whether it comes from “chemo brain” or the overall stress of having been diagnosed with cancer……it can cause you daily routine to be dysfunctional. Many patients with cancer neglect to tell their doctors they are experiencing fatigue because they incorrectly believe nothing can be done to alleviate it. The good news is that there are measures you can take to minimize the adverse effects of fatigue.
Here are a few tips for making your day a little easier.
1) Schedule your work or chores at peak times when you have the most energy.
2) Eat frequent meals, avoid junk food and limit red meat.
3) Avoid taxing people and situations.
4) Try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night. Try to make sure your room is dark and cool.
5) Take breaks when you can. Read watch TV, or simply do nothing.